Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) of Cincinnati, through Member financial institutions, is offering grants of up to $5,000 for eligible homebuyers and up to $7,500 for eligible honorably-discharged veterans, surviving spouses of ilitary personnel, and active duty military homebuyers to help with down payment and closing costs.* This “Welcome Home Program” is a fantastic option for eligible homebuyers. As a Member financial institution, Paducah Bank is available to accept applications for this program.
Eligibility Requirements for Homebuyers
To be eligible for the Welcome Home grant, the following homebuyer guidelines must be met:
- Total income for all occupants who will reside in the home is at or below 80 percent of the Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) limit for the county and state where the property is located
- The homebuyer can contribute at least $500 of their own funds towards down payment and/or closing costs
- If the applicant is a first-time homebuyer, a satisfactory homebuyer counseling course is completed prior to the loan closing (Applicants do not have to be first-time homebuyers).
Eligibility Requirements for Property
To be eligible for the Welcome Home grant, the following property guidelines must be met:
- The property will be the homebuyer’s primary residence;
- The property is a single family, condominium, townhome, multi-unit (up to four family units), duplex, or a qualified manufactured home which may be eligible if it is taxed as real estate and affixed to a permanent foundation; and,
- The property is subject to a legally enforceable five-year retention mechanism requiring the FHLB Cincinnati be given notice of any sale, refinancing, foreclosure, deed in-lieu of foreclosure, or change in ownership during the five-year retention period. This may be included in the Warranty Deed or as a Declaration of Restrictive Covenants to the Warranty Deed.
For more information about utilizing the Welcome Home Program through Paducah Bank, please call
(NMLS #777363) at 270.575.5766 or Ben Clayton
(NMLS #1878790) at 270.575.6667
*Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis. Applicants who meet eligibility requirements will be submitted to FHLB. FHLB will issue approval letters.
Please contact a Paducah Bank Relationship Manager for your specific income requirements.