Paducah Bank (along with a few million other people) recently set up our own Facebook page to join in the social networking that’s sweeping across the global landscape. Getting away from the daily grind and the reality of life is but one of the many aspects of “Facebooking” as exemplified here by this fun Facebook exercise undertaken by local writer and artist, Tracey Buchanan.
One of my Facebook friends recently tagged me in a game of “25 Random Things About Me.”
You’re supposed to come up with a list of facts that others may not know about you. It’s a fun exercise that allows you to get to know people better. Unfortunately, I found out something about myself. That’s never good. You should avoid getting to know yourself better. You’ll just be disappointed. And, sure enough, here’s what I learned.
Obviously, that’s why I’m blogging about my life now. It’s a vain effort to transform the mundane into something worthwhile. If it’s written about, it must be worthy . . . that’s my subconscious logic talking.
So, I decided that I would come up with a new list, an interesting list, of 25 Random Things About Me.
- My great-grandmother traveled with a group of gypsies; she juggled knives.
- I have climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, blindfolded.
- I can speak backwards.
- I once passed for a spy and another time for a movie star.
- My mother’s paintings will one day be collectibles. You might want to buy one now. I can hook you up.
- The late former President Ronald Reagan often called Kent, my husband, for advice.
- I’ve written a bestseller, but told Oprah that I wasn’t interested in appearing on her show.
- I’ve seen my guardian angel in person. She has frizzy hair.
- I’m a trained armchair psychologist.
- I’m actually a petite blonde.
- My father was a boxer, who had a manager and the whole nine yards, or the whole kit and kaboodle, or the whole she-bang, whatever it is when it’s boxing.
- I am a descendant of Abraham Lincoln.
- I have sung live with Linda Ronstadt.
- I’ve completed a triathlon.
- I voted for the newest color of M&Ms.
- I was attacked by a huge swarm of mosquitoes as I stood on the Paducah Tilghman football field at attention while in a bright blue and white sequin-covered twirler uniform. I fainted afterwards.
- I have danced the flamenco.
- I have eyes (they’re green) in the back of my head.
- Which reminds me, I am the mother of two men who are going to change the world and they will probably give me most of the credit when the time comes. They might give their father some just so he won’t feel bad.
- I can juggle knives. It could have something to do with gypsy genetics.
- I have flattened several pennies on railroad tracks in Cape Girardeau, MO.
- I have had two near-fatal encounters with opossums at my home.
- Michelle Obama calls me for fashion advice.
- When I was a little girl, scientists studied my writing because I was so special. I don’t wonder at all what they meant by that term “special.”
- I sometimes stretch the truth.