It's like a safety net for your checking account.
To err is human. When it happens, we've got your back.
Sometimes those groceries or school supplies cost more than expected. Sometimes the car breaks down and you run up a big bill. And sometimes you just make a math error in your check ledger. There are all sorts of reasons people overdraw their checking accounts. When that happens, Paducah Bank's Oops (Occasional Overdraft Privilege Service) Protection kicks in, and we do all we can to address the situation.
- There's no fee for signing up for the Oops program
- You won't pay for overdraft protection until you use it
- Oops Protection covers both personal and business checking accounts
- When you overdraw your account, in most cases we will let your payment go through*
- You will be charged a $33.95 fee, but will avoid merchant "bounced check" fees that are often larger
- The overdraft won't affect your credit rating
- You should make every attempt to bring your account to a positive balance within 24 hours.
Oops Protection covers transactions involving paper checks, teller withdrawals, recurring debit card payments, ACH electronic payments, online banking, bill pay and WOW! InfoLine. It does not cover non-recurring debit card payments or ATM withdrawals. Ask us about the added protection provided by Oops Plus.
*Paducah Bank is not obligated to cover any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient collected and/or available funds. Furthermore, service charges assessed against a check or checks, or any other request for funds made upon your account, do not obligate us to pay said request for funds, nor do they obligate us to provide prior written notice of our decision
to refuse payment.