General Summary/Purpose: The Paducah Bank Residential Mortgage Underwriter shall analyze and evaluate residential mortgage loan packages to ensure they are profitable and of the appropriate risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
#1 The Residential Mortgage Underwriter shall review loan files for compliance, order and review appraisals, order and review title work, and make sure that all of the tax, title, insurance, and documentation needed for closing is in place in a timely fashion. The Residential Mortgage Underwriter shall ultimately determine the approval or denial of loans in the Residential Mortgage Services Department. Such loans will include conventional, construction, USDA, VA, FHA, and in-house specialty loans. The Residential Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for auditing closed loans and the transfer of funds and files in-house or to Secondary Market investors. The Residential Mortgage Underwriter will work closely with Relationship Managers and Processors to ensure the Paducah Bank residential loan process is efficient and timely from orgination to closing.
#2 Other administrative tasks and functions related to high-quality client service and relationship management of existing clients. Such tasks may be assigned to specifically support the department or the overall operation of the Bank.
#3 Active involvement in product and service cross-sell opportunities, and overall bank culture and promotion.
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Exemplary relationship development skills.
3. Ability to take initiative and function independently within the team.
4. Self-motivated, self-sufficient, resourceful, with the ability to work productively with all levels of Bank management and teammates.
5. Strong organization and time management skills.
6. Strong detail orientation, patient and thorough.
6. Have working knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, USDA and VA guidelines and private mortgage insurance requirements.
7. Must be knowledgeable of all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and knowledge of Bank policies and procedures preferred.
Click the link to apply! https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=24138&clientkey=87AE151502CA202F1B8133887F888002